Wednesday, April 25, 2007

20070425: As I Look Down Upon My Sweat


Snapped while on a hike up Mount Santubong on 15April 10:51AM.
That morning I ate some "delicious" laksa which made me . . . wanna vomit later. I remembered the last & only time I scaled this mountain was after Form 6. I forgot how challenging it was; not as tough as K1 & not a walk in the park either. I came to understand why some weak-minded climbers tend to surrender half way up, whether it's due to altitude sickness or tummy upset. Strange how the mountain air have this effect on people. "Hong sua ee" is very handy in this situation. Don't forget to include it in your first aid kit. :D
As sweat was pouring down my forehead, I thought of quitting half way up the trail too. But heck... "Ai pia jia ay ia" no pain no gain, no blood no glory... [& the final say :] "NO SWEAT... :)..." Kambari mashyo.

No comments: