Thursday, August 19, 2010

20100819: To Be or Not To be, that is the Question

Shakespeare bores me, BUT... when a certain faction of my friends brought it up during the sort of engaging conversation done under casual circumstances, I was forced to search through my head for any form of connection with the Bard. Only image to come up is me hands on the cover of a Shakespearish book & yellowing pages, pan in for a closest encounter reveal my 2 fingers on the cover, didn't even read the introduction.
A deeper image would be Gilligan doing "I aught to be or not to be..." in black and white which totally doesn't take me there to the second verse.
Well, I found out that in some country, primary school children read Shakespeare in the extra school activity. And they will remember it the rest of their remaining lives. OMG, the trick is to impart the knowledge when they are young and let them choose their path.
After Hamlet, the "groupies" talk about Venice Merchant, hmmm... totally lost me there. I heard of Venice but never thought that Shakespeare could do rowing a gondola. Some keywords "happy ending", "pound of flesh", "ring".
Putting these thoughts aside, I need to find that book which is still somewhere waiting to be read.
LOL

No comments: