Monday, March 8, 2010

20100307: U2 No Line On the Horizon

It's been few months since I bought my last CD. Was window shopping & found this U2 CD amongst the piles of "others" on sale (50%; half of the price). I think it's quite a good deal around 28 ringgit. That's almost the price of things during my school time.

The CD section of the shop has been shrinking every year. What hinders consumer like me to always buy a few CDs to every month? think think think...
1) The Exorbitant price. Money used for necessities, like daily food (Survival).
2) Only one/few songs are good why buy the whole album (Only 10% of product is useful).
[After listening for many umpteen time, 18% is perfect for me, 64% OK, 18% - no comment.]
3) I'll probably ripped it to my ipod anyway, why don't I just get from my friends the one good song (Social norm).
4) Do not feel a need to listen to it until become a zombie; actually bought 5 days ago but not open it yet (Not a music addict).
5) Laziness to got to the store, queue up at the counter, chat with the girl a little, bring wallet out from my pocket, take out & count money from wallet, money pass to girl, girl "ka-ching" & pass me the change, change put in pocket while receiving item in a non-biodegradable plastic bag, bring things & plastic bag home, find a place to store it (Convenience issue).
6) Overheard some young people shy to browse the "discount tray" because the CDs probably from few hundred years ago (Peer pressure).
7) It's cooler to buy from online music store like itunes (Technology advancement)
[Without seeing the lyrics, cannot hear the greatness in the songs too. Not a music critic who's job is to study the song for a living.]
Anyways, I just loaded it into my Ipod, will be listening to it later. :-)
[13-March:- Already listened & reviewed, time to keep the few good songs for shuffle mode & delete the rest. Just feels that the songs in this album are not as "urgent" as previous. Maybe they already earned too much money? ;-) ]

No comments: