Thursday, June 24, 2010

20100624: Boot Licking

I learnt this new term over-hearding some young junior high kids. I know apple-polishing, & sesame grinding. But boot licking? Hmmm... reminds me of U2 Get On Your Boots, Puss in Boots.
Nowadays, not many people wearing boots, as compare to people eating apple (Is it a generation gap thingy?). So, I come to conclude that this is quite an "opiang" term taught by their opiang boot-wearing teacher.
Next time, if want to get flattered or feel like a million bucks, please wear boots. I have a few pairs of boots which I only wore for gardening or during raining days which seems like going to flood.
The only thing that would lick them would be my lab, but everytime I imagine I would say "Shoo dog, smelly, poison."
Well, it's still pretty hard to imagine boot licking in my dictionary. I wonder how they came to term this, imagine your boss saying: "Come... Lick my boots." "Boss, you're wearing air jordan today wo. How about if I polish your apple." "Darn, those boots are uncomfy compare my AJ1. Ok la, give me the apple good for my health I'll give you more increment if we survive this financial year." "Sure bos, anything you say bos, I polish this apple with enzyme so all the chemical wax is gone. That's how we do it at home."
Hmmm, I think those apple we buy is necessary to polish if we want to eat the nutricious skin.
So, apple polishing might turn out to be a good sport.

There's no boots to lick nowadays anyway... ;-)

Might be due to all the yellow anti-slip safety boot Phua Chu Kang. Could they be associate with that? PCK private boot licking limited?
Speaking about apple, Steve Jobs probably would recommend you to polish his Apple Iphone as if your life depended on it.