Saturday, July 10, 2010

20100710: Put Your Best Foot Forward

Worned out. . . settling down in bed, as I recount what I did this evening.

It has been a long while since I did any exercise, so I called up my friend this morning to arrange a jog session in the evening perhaps?.

As we were doing the last klik, my friend, a "hardcore" jogger got smitten by some heavy footer closing in from the rear & he went in all out to show who is the Alpha male. Leaving behind poor me smelling the foul stench left by his & his burning rubber shoes.

As my body exfoliate, sweat & salted, I experienced near lapse into a blackout not since a hard hangover. Maybe this is the Runner's High I heard of?
As I neared the "finish line", I felt a sudden bliss as this is the end. kekeke.

But noo noo noo... at this time we were joint by another seasoned veteran "hardercore" runner who saw what had happend & ":praised" my friend for the "kill". I too join in the talkokversation as so far, I think this was really a super good work out, partly due to I got the runner's high feel. :-D or maybe too much delifrance coffee I took 2 hours before?

As it turns out, we continued the jog at his favourite route, a mixture of uphill, downhill & traffic lights. We were climbing uphill & my friend started to talk about a nice coffee shop at that area. Being his favourite route, he knows all the lobang around there. OMG, as the fat in my body started to burn, my mind just couldn't process the taste of char kueh tiaw & char hey mi deliciously, what is happening to me? I guess less blood flowing to my brain made it haywired because I just couldn't reply, probably I also couldn't recognized me... looking like a zombie, out of breath & trying to keep up. Those short pauses at traffic light crossing became a really welcoming sight.

Caught a few breath and started to reply as my language ability suddenly came back. Making meaningful chats for a few seconds & we were off again. Jog jog jog jog, I don't know why but Jay Chow's catchy indistinctive rap tune started an army of ant-crawl moving in my head. My friend told me some form of focus & determination is needed at times like this. Who would have thought some Mpop rap tune would have this type of affect deep deep.

As we were doing some warm down exercise, my friend gave me some pointers & I tweeted: "I thought it was a good run". "Yeah, see you tomorrow same time, a few more of us is running." "Sure, why not. I'll beep you tomorrow if nothing come up." ... ... ... Sure something is bound to come up.

Nah, I think I need the exercise & it wouldn't be a bad thing too. Just no regrets & putting your best foot forward.

No comments: